Valheim Ancient Seed is used to summon the second boss, The Elder. Finding it can be a bit tricky! It only drops from one monster, but you can find it in a few other places as well.
3 Ancient Seed are required by The Elder’s altar in Black Forest.
Valheim Ancient Seed Facts:
- drops from Greydwarf Brutes
- found randomly in chests
- reward for destroying a Greydwarf Nest
Ancient Seed via Greydwarf Brute
Ancient Seed has a good chance to drop from Greydwarf Brutes.
|Ancient Seed from Brutes|
|★ Level||Quantity||Drop Rate|
Greydwarf Brute Appearance
- Greydwarf Brute is an elite tree monster and is the largest of all the Greydwarf, besides the Elder.
- He has dandelion flowers growing out of his head
- Glowing red eyes
Greydwarf Brute Stats
Greydwarf Brutes are a formidable foe for the unprepared!
Damage Type: Slash
Greydwarf Brute Combat
- He does melee combat.
- Greydwarf Brute hits for an average of about 20 HP, with no armor.
- With a full suit of Troll Armor, his damage is reduced by about half
- Greydwarf Brute Resistances:
- Vulnerability: Fire
- Resistance: Poison
- Immune: Spirit
- Stagger Limit: 50%
Greydwarf Hunting with Fire Damage
When fighting Greydwarfs, sneak up on them and use Fire Arrows with your best bow.
Fire Arrows cause a Burning debuff that lasts 5 seconds.
- Fire damage ticks once every second.
- Fire damage doesn’t stack. Shooting new Fire arrows within 5 seconds refreshes the duration.
- Example Damage: Crude Bow + Fire Arrow (with crouching Sneak damage)
- 3x Sneak multiplier causes 66 initial Pierce damage from bow + 33 Pierce damage from Fire Arrow
- 3x Sneak multiplier causes 66 Fire damage over 5 seconds. (13.2 Fire damage per tick).
- Shooting new Fire arrows within 5 seconds refreshes the duration. The tick damage will stay at 13.2 per tick..
Greydwarf Brute Location
- Primarily found inside the Black Forest Biome.
- Increased chance of finding him at night.
- Sometimes found in other biomes, especially after defeating The Elder.
- High spawn rate from Greydwarf Nests (see spawner details below.)
Ancient Seed via Greydwarf Nests (Spawners)
Greydwarf Nests (spawners) are found in Black Forest.
When you destroy the nest, you will obtain 1 Ancient Seed.
I recommend you keep the nest alive. They frequently spawn Greydwarf Brutes. If you destroy the nest, it will not respawn and you will have to rely on luck to find more Greydwarf Brutes.
Greydwarf Nest Facts
Nests spawn all 3 types of Greydwarf
- Greydwarf shaman
- Greydwarf brute
You will frequently find 3 Greydwarfs at one time waiting outside a nest.
The nest will continuously respawn Greydwarf when you are near.
You can be quickly overwelmed, but you an pull them away to keep the numbers down.
Valheim Ancient Seed via Chests
Ancient Seed can also be obtained via discovering a random chest.
Do you feel lucky?
Typical Chest Locations:
- Dungeons or Crypts in Black Forest
- Abandoned buildings in all biomes
- Various Ruins